Build 3718 set password on SZ isn't really what we want.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

I just gives you the option to add a password to the images in te secure zone.

So still anyone can boot with F11 chose remove secure zone. And everything is gone!

Acronis Please Fix because this is a major security issue espacially for companies

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image family software.

Starting from Build 3718 of Acronis True Image product line there has been implemented the new feature – password protection for Acronis Secure Zone. Now one can add password to protect Acronis Secure Zone. When the new build is installed and one manages Acronis Secure Zone, he/she will be prompted to enter a password for protecting it.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

3. jeremyotten

SO I manage my secure zone and I dont want to increase or decrease it. Because afterwards you get the password question.

Can't this be made more transparant?

4. jeremyotten

BTW had anybody got it to work. I removed the secure zone. I added the secure zone specified password.

Everything went well.
    After reboot F11 was activated within windows.
    But when I boot system no F11

Actiate again from windows no F11

This was with the workstation AND the Enterprise version.

Can anyone confirm me?

5. jeremyotten

Ok here's the miss communication.

I thought that the system would ask for a password when I press F11 --> Not true

A password will be asked when you want to increase or decrease the size of the secure zone and when you want to make an image from or to the secure zone.

Pfew.

p.s I got the F11 to work in Enterprise Server but not in Workstation edition BTW.

6. jeremyotten

Here's a little update. I got it all to work.

BUT! There are bugs.

The only way to get a password on your securezone. Is to remove the old securezone and then add the new securezone. Then you get the option to add a password.

However you can leave the password blank and then no password is added. When you then want to add a password later it isn't possible anymore only when you remove the securezone and add it again.

This would mean that users that have images in the securezone should remove to remove the zone with the image and add a new zone.

Seems there still are som bugs to squash here!

Acronis Please Fix. Thanx in Advance

7. Acronis Support

Hello Jeremy,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

I've forwarded this issue to our Development Team and will inform you about the results of their investigation as soon as I'll receive a reply. As this can take a few days we apologize in advance for any delay with the response.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Acronis Support

Hello Jeremy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response.

I've just received a reply from our Development Team and they assured me that what you reported is not the issue, but the usual way how Acronis Secure Zone password protection works at the moment. To be more precise:

1. You can set a password for Acronis Secure Zone upon it's creation only.

2. There is no way to change or retrieve password later.

3. The passwords is being reset on Acronis Secure Zone deletion or Acronis True Image complete reinstall (not update or upgrade).

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread. They will certainly be taken into consideration.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.