Build 3633: Problem with DVD Rescue Disks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PeterJ, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterJ

PeterJ Registered Member

Cannot restore from DVD backups made by Acronis True Image Workstation v9.1.3633

Backup 1 to DVD from windows produces 2 Disks.

Disk 1 labelled Acronis Media - this disk has been written to but there is no file on the disk.
    Nero reports there is 1 track on the DVD 4.38 Gb

Disk 2 labelled Acronis Media - this disk has 1 file called MyBackup.tib.

Backup 2 to DVD from Recovery CD produces 2 Disks.

Disk 1 labelled Acronis Media - this disk has been written to but there is no file on the disk.
    Nero reports there is 1 track on the DVD 4.38 Gb

Disk 2 labelled Acronis Media - this disk has 1 file called MyBackup.tib.

In each test it was not possible to restore from DVD backup as Trueimage did not recognize Disk 1.

Different DVD media were tried for each test.

As previously reported I cannot install Acronis True Image Workstation Universal Restore with a clean build of Acronis True

Image Workstation v9.1.3633

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

You probably found the first bug with build 3633. Sorry but I'm about 1000 builds behind ... and I'm sticking with it since it works for me.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PeterJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

This issue has been forwarded to our Development Team. We will let you know the results of their investigation as soon as possible. As this can take a few days, we apologize in advance for any delay with response. We hope that the problem does not cause you much inconvenience in the meantime.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. bastinado

bastinado Registered Member

I've seen the same thing. The DVD will boot into ATI 9 but apparently is not closed so no files appear in explorer.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

6. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

From my experience with TI, I never burn to removable media such as DVD or CD. I never had it work properly on any version of TI since way back when… I always burn either to a different partition on the same drive or a second drive in my pc, or to an external USB hard drive. After creating the image, I use a program call UltraISO to add the images to an ISO recovery disk for TI. You can create ISO recovery images using the bootable media builder on newer versions or you can just create a recovery CD and use a program like UltraISO to make an ISO image from the recovery CD. Either way you can then insert the image files into the ISO recovery disk image and then burn the ISO image with your CD/DVD burning software. If I create an image that will span several disks, I put the first and last image into the ISO recovery image and then burn it (provided there is enough space). The remaining image files can just be burnt to CD or DVD directly since you only need to boot to the recovery disk once on the first disk. TI will ask for the first and last images of a set. Having them on 1 disc is easier then changing it right away. You will be prompted for sub sequential images as they are needed. You can just change the disc at that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.