Build 3633 GUI Updates - Close - No Cigar

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewScience, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Tested some of GUI updates in Build 3,633 (Why use commas on About window).

Focus given back to window when Help closes.

Alt Keys - totally lacking in operation.

Help
    Help window left pane needs refresh. Comes up with first topic expanded with nothing underneath. If you move the window slightly off the screen, and back, the info is there. If you click anyplace where info should be, all appear. Like I said, the control needs to have a refresh done when coming up.

Toolbar buttons make no sense (with Text). You have three Home buttons, no Forward button text (so the button icon is always misaligneds with everyone else). The only way to distinguish Home buttons, is using tooltips. Toolbar text is only shown when button becomes active. Initially, Back and Forward are disabled and show no text. Easy Windows library call to show Disabled Text for buttons. Since there is no text for the Back and Forward button, the whole toolbar is misaligned. And Forward never becomes active ... doesn't seem to be any memory for moving around. If window is a HTML window, that is saved automatically for you.

Wish there was a Index and Search feature.

Don't see a separate .hlp or .chm file. Adds a lot of overhead to TrueImage, but must have to be that way for standalone, maybe.

Alt+Space does not bring Control Box up if you haven't gotten focus on window. Help window does not come up with focus (if using Alt+H, then 'p'), You must click on window to get focus. Once you have focus, Control Box (Move, Min, Max, Close, ...) comes up. If you use Alt+p directly (not going thru Alt+H), window has focus and Control Box works.

Once closed, calling window does get focus back (one of the GUI fixes I assume).

Main Window:

Alt+O does nothing (should open Operations Menu command).
    Alt+V works (opens View)
    Alt+T does not (should open Tools, opens Task Scheduler)
    Alt+H works (opens Help)

The TabIndex order for commands does not work (as shown by Alt not working). When you Alt+H and open Help, Alt+p (or p) does not work to open Help. The others work.

No need to show Alt keys for toolbar buttons, you cannot use Alt+key on toolbar buttons anywhere in Windows. That is not a common design. Plus toolbar text is too long, every toolbar button is abbreviated. If this is your own home-grown toolbar, split line the text. Even when you maximize the window, the toolbar does not stretch out. You have enough space for the full text when maximized. Just compute the largest text and divide by buttons to space out evenly.

Kind of guess that I'm a Windows System designer, can't ya? Been doing it for over 25 years. Mostly in Visual Basic and Web Design. Don't know what TrueImage is designed in, so any of my ideas may be useless.

But the GUI problems makes it impossible to use if no mouse available.

More later!!!!

2. whocrazy

whocrazy Registered Member

it's also tricky for blind people to use with screenreaders such as windoweyes, because all the various menus and buttons are assigned the same window class

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NewScience,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Thank you for your remarks. We will try to take them into consideration.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. NewScience

Hope you reply was only geared to non-bug related issues. My post had issues related to bugs.

Hopefully your reply ... will take those into consideration ... did not relate to the bug issues:
    1. Help screen not showing information
    2. Alt keys not working
    3. Alt keys bringing up wrong options
    4. Focus not given to windows
    5. Help Toolbar buttons not working or displayed correctly
    6. Control box not working
    7. Tab Index working incorrectly
    8. Alt keys on Main Toolbar
    You seemd to suggest that the post was all geared towards likes and dislikes versus actual things that are broken.

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

New Science, with Acronis sometimes the meaning gets confused in the translation to and from English.

6. Acronis Support

Hello NewScience,

I have already forwarded your censorious remarks to our Development Team. All issues with GUI will be fixed in future builds of Acronis True Image. I'm sorry but the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. NewScience

I had to actually look up the meaning of the word: censorious.

[SIZE=-1]censorious adj. Tending to censure; highly critical. Expressing censure.[/SIZE]

I sincerely hope my input was not considered that ... highly critical? Expressing censure?

I don't know how else to report problems.

Were you kidding? Joking?

I'm sorry if I offended.

8. Acronis Support

Hello NewScience,

Please accept my apologies if I was inaccurate in my reply. I just mean that we consider your remarks as serious ones and we are sure to take them into consideration.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.