build #3625 no good on Win 98SE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pepegot1, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepegot1

pepegot1 Registered Member

I installed the 3625 build, after removing the older version and the installation went well. However, after rebooting, I clicked on the Icon and NADA!! I turned off running programs prior to installation, which is good practice, with Win 98. What's going on? How can it be fixed or I am back to the old version?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I have no idea if that version runs on Win98, but have you tried double clicking on the .exe file itself, bypassing the shortcut?

3. pepegot1

Yes indeedie-still no soap.

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Not that this is going to solve your dilemma, but what older version did you use that worked? Perhaps for whatever reason 3625 was necessary, they broke the feature that allowed it to run on Win98se.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

what build did work?
    2337?
    3567?

Are there release notes for build 3625?

The user guide that was released in conjunction with build 3567 states that Win 98SE is supported.

I doubt that 3625 was intentionally changed to preclude use with Win 98.

6. pepegot1

I reinstalled 3567 and no problems. Anybody else have trouble with win 98 SE?
    If it does not support win 98 SE then, why the hell didn't they say so!

7. Howard Kaikow

If you intend to keep your computer for any length of time, do yourself a favor, replace Win 98 with Win 2000, or later. You'll have lots fewer problems with various software.

If you can, do a clean install.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If you hardware supports it, I would second Howard's approach. If you can't do it, see how Acronis responds to your problem. You've elected to freeze a major component of your system, the OS and also certain applications, so it makes perfect sense to freeze the version of TI that works with it.

9. Howard Kaikow

Win 98 has/had so many issues with CD recording software, by itself, that was enough reason to get rid of Win 98.

And ferget about newer upgrades, heck, there are even some products that require Win Xp, and will not work in Win 2000.

Win 2000 is so much more reliable than Win 98.

I never went with Win XP, but that is also an alternative if you cannot find a legal copy of Win 2000.http://www.atomicpark.com/ lists Win 2000 Pro upgrade for $144.92 (USA). You might even find Win XP for less, but make sure that your hardware can support XP.

Make sure that you geta legit copy, as the MSFT Genuine ADvantage Program might preventupdates if not a legit copy.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pepegot1,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports Windows 98 SE.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Anton Sherkhonov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.