[BUG] Silent installs of SpywareBlaster start the program when setup is complete

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by memodude, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memodude

memodude Registered Member

When a setup of SpywareBlaster completes, even if the setup is silent, SpywareBlaster is started.

To correct this, could you please add the "skipifsilent" flag to your [Run] entry? Thank you very much.

I would like this changed because I am working on a program that automatically installs Spybot Search & Destroy, SpywareBlaster, and SpywareGuard, and updates all three with the latest definitions, automatically in the form of a setup program. :)

2. memodude

Re:[BUG] Silent installs of SpywareBlaster start the program when setup is compl

Also, be sure to keep the postinstall flag there as well, you need them both. :)

3. Silent/Unattended Installation

Any way to do a silent and/or unattended installation?

4. memodude

Re:Silent/Unattended Installation

To do a completely silent install:
    <path-to-spyware-blaster-install-file> /VERYSILENT
    To do a install that is silent except it shows the progress screen:
    <path-to-spyware-blaster-install-file> /SILENT

However, both versions of invoking Setup silently will start SpywareBlaster at the end of Setup. Thats why I created this topic - I would like Javacool to fix it.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Re:[BUG] Silent installs of SpywareBlaster start the program when setup is compl

I'm working on a new installer that will fix this issue, and will implement a few other changes. Currently there is no estimated release date. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. memodude

Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.