[Bug?] SafeOnline turns blue when it's opened by a external program other then IE8.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by denniz, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I've noticed something strange with SafeOnline. For normal http websites I have SafeOnline on the medium setting, thus the little Prevx tag on top of IE8 is always green. But when I have no browser open and for example I open CCleaner and click the "Check for updates" link, which in turn automatically opens IE8 which goes to the CCleaner website, then the little Prevx tag is blue.

When I close the IE8 window which CCleaner opened, and then re-open IE8 the normal way (by clicking on the IE8 icon), then the little Prevx tag is green again. Also when I let CCleaner open IE8, then Prevx says that the website is unknown, but when I open IE8 directly and then manually browse to the CCleaner website then Prevx says the website is verified.

This is the link I used to test both situations: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/update?v=2.29.1111&l=1033

When I already have IE8 opened the normal way (and the little Prevx tag is green), and I then open CCleaner to check for updates (which in turn opens a new tab in IE8 ), then I have have no problems and the little Prevx tag is also green.

I don't have any manual websites configured and only use the default websites that Prevx automatically adds during install.

Here are some pictures:

prevxtest1.jpg

prevxtest2.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

So I'm not the only one then... :shifty:

I'm quoting the post you made there in this thread to, it might be handy to keep it all in one place. :)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the bug report :thumb:

We are aware of this issue and are still designing a workaround for it, which will hopefully be in place in one of the next updates.

I'll update this thread as soon as we have some answers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.