[Bug?] SafeOnline turns blue when it's opened by a external program other then IE8.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by denniz, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I've noticed something strange with SafeOnline. For normal http websites I have SafeOnline on the medium setting, thus the little Prevx tag on top of IE8 is always green. But when I have no browser open and for example I open CCleaner and click the "Check for updates" link, which in turn automatically opens IE8 which goes to the CCleaner website, then the little Prevx tag is blue.

When I close the IE8 window which CCleaner opened, and then re-open IE8 the normal way (by clicking on the IE8 icon), then the little Prevx tag is green again. Also when I let CCleaner open IE8, then Prevx says that the website is unknown, but when I open IE8 directly and then manually browse to the CCleaner website then Prevx says the website is verified.

This is the link I used to test both situations: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/update?v=2.29.1111&l=1033

When I already have IE8 opened the normal way (and the little Prevx tag is green), and I then open CCleaner to check for updates (which in turn opens a new tab in IE8 ), then I have have no problems and the little Prevx tag is also green.

I don't have any manual websites configured and only use the default websites that Prevx automatically adds during install.

Here are some pictures:

prevxtest1.jpg

prevxtest2.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

So I'm not the only one then... :shifty:

I'm quoting the post you made there in this thread to, it might be handy to keep it all in one place. :)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the bug report :thumb:

We are aware of this issue and are still designing a workaround for it, which will hopefully be in place in one of the next updates.

I'll update this thread as soon as we have some answers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.