Bug in True Image Rescue Mode

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Menorcaman, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Bug in True Image Rescue Mode?

Whilst carrying out some <performance tests on TI 8 Build 903> I came across an anomally in the time-stamp of an image created after booting from the rescue CD. I added comments to the image stating that it was created at 12:33. However, after booting back into Windows mode, the file time-stamp displayed by Windows Explorer shows that the file was created at 14:33 (see screenshot of Windows mode TI Restore Wizard below) - a two hour difference!! If the image is created in Windows mode then the file time-stamp is correct.

I have no idea if this bug has been introduced in Build 903 or whether it was present in previous builds as I normally create my images from within Windows. I'm assuming it's a general bug and not just peculiar to my setup so perhaps one of you guys could run a test to confirm?

Regards

Attached Files:

• Time.jpg
      Time.jpg
      File size:
      78.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Please be aware that when you create an image archive in Acronis True Image (any edition) rescue mode, the Created Time of the image archive will be GMT, therefore it will differ from the Windows time (GMT + time zone shift).

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Ah ha! I wondered why the time in the boot CD was always screwed up.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: Bug in True Image Rescue Mode?

Hello Irina,

Thank you for your clear explanation. It's nice to know that it's merely a "feature" rather than a bug.

Perhaps an entry in the Acronis True Image On-line FAQ or True Image User's Guide would prevent other Users making the same wrong assumption?

Kind regards
    Tom

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Also, does not take into account Daylight time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.