bug in thunderbird

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by basl, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basl

basl Registered Member

I updated nod32 v4b1 to v4rc1, and now it is not possible to read my rss feeds within mozilla thunderbird, unless I turn of email client protection.

When I was using beta1 it all worked fine.

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

You are running beta software and this is a Thunderbird bug? How is that?

3. basl

basl Registered Member

What is your question exactly?

I personally think that nod32 is fetching and scanning the rss feed, but not properly reassemble it back into thunderbird.

It shouldn't be a big problem, as it always has worked before.

4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

I think the Thunderbird module in general is pretty buggy "as-is".

5. basl

basl Registered Member

thx for your response...

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I agree. I sent beta support a bug with NOD32 regarding email tags in Thunderbird along with a SysInspector log and haven't heard back from them.

7. basl

basl Registered Member

I tried disabling the tags, and it didnt work either. So does eset reads this forum, or should I email the bug?

8. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Eset mods read the forum but in order to get the bug to developers you should email them.

btw. I stopped using thunderbird a month ago because I kept receiving "blank" emails, I mean It connected to the server but the emails came blank, no subject, no text, nothing, and I'm not sure it was a nod bug because the error was not consistant, besides when I installed the first beta I had the problem that attachements came in broken in several peaces and could not be oppened.
    I posted the bug in the thunderbird forums aswell but no answer whatsoever so I decided to go back to outlook for the time being.

9. VidKo

VidKo Registered Member

I am having the same problem.

Partial fix:

Click on rss feeds up and down (1. and 3.) a few times, and the message (2.) will be shown:

http://www.shrani.si/f/1N/3T/4Zz2fdpR/tb.png

It's not a permanent fix, but just a temporary.

10. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

You can fix this when you turn off Antivirus and Antispam Protection > Email Client Protection > Email Clients > Email To Scan> Read Email.

It helps on my machine.

11. basl

basl Registered Member

thx, i guess this temp solution should cover it.

12. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

I have been using both Thunderbird 3 Beta 1, and the later nightly builds alongside Eset AV4 RC, with NO issue. My O/S is Windows 7 *64 (Beta)

Perhaps those with issues should consider trying Thunderbrid 3 Beta 2 that came out the other day. You never know it may help solve your issues. It can be downloaded here: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/early_releases/downloads/

13. basl

basl Registered Member

I was thinking about installing the new beta2, now I will. thx

ps:
    Looks like it works ok.

One thing I dont like about the beta is that it's installing next to the current thunderbird, so it doesnt upgrade it. I hope this is a feature only used in beta, cause I don't like it. At least give me a choice whether to upgrade or install next to the current installation, like in the opera browser.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  14. Carver

Carver Registered Member

That is one of the reasons I don't use Betas, they also don't have extras for example help files and otherthings not nessary for development only, and for a while I used Opera's preview or Betas and I realise that they are not ment to be used as you would a final release of Opera and must be installed seperatly. But many people don't.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.