Bug in Linux HFS/NTFS driver 9.4 prevents the renaming of folders

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by mrbumpy409, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mrbumpy409

mrbumpy409 Registered Member

I have discovered a fully reproducible bug in the current (9.4) version of the Paragon NTFS driver for Linux whereby it becomes impossible to rename a folder. I am using the express version of the driver. Here is how to reproduce this bug on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 install (tested using both Xubuntu in VirtualBox and Ubuntu on my dad's PC):

1. Mount your NTFS partition using the command:
    sudo mount -t ufsd /dev/sda2 /home/username/NTFS
    (of course, replacing the device and folder names as appropriate)

2. Change directory to the mounted drive:
    cd /home/username/NTFS

3. Run the following commands:
    mkdir test
    cd test
    ls
    cd ..
    mv test test1

The "mv" command is supposed to rename the folder "test" to "test1". Instead, you will get an error message:
    mv: cannot move 'test' to 'test1': No such file or directory

The error only occurs after the folder's contents are displayed (e.g., running the "ls" command above). This condition can also be triggered by simply viewing the folder's contents in a graphical file manager. The error does not happen if you create a folder and then immediately rename it without viewing its contents.

2. mrbumpy409

mrbumpy409 Registered Member

Just writing to let you guys know that Paragon has now fixed this issue in version 9.4.3 of their driver. They sent me the link via support but said it might be a little bit before it hits the website. So, if it's not up yet, you may wish to contact Paragon support for a download link.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.