Bufferzone Pro & Keyscrambler

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by zpro, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zpro

zpro Registered Member

Is any one using both bufferzone and keyscrambler? if so,
    are there any issues...

Thanks
    :doubt:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I've got Bufferzone setup on a refurbished PC. Running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. I do not use the computer myself and Bufferzone is locked down fairly tight. I've neither received complaints or experienced any problems myself while performing general maintenance (checking for updates, settings changes, etc.). Seeing as I've only done this on one computer, I'd hold off to see if anyone else has reported problems. I install keyscrambler on all of my computers.

3. zpro

zpro Registered Member

I had to remove bufferzone pro, there was some odd things going on,
    when I downloaded a update for a software program using firefox,
    I can see the app, has the bufferzone box around it, I right click
    the item to move outside bufferzone, it took a bit to move outside.

Then there was a time I download loaded something and forgot to move it outside bufferzone, and delete all inside bufferzone, and the icon of the software remained, I try to click and delete, but system said its not there.
    ok, had to reboot, then weird stuff happen, the computer reboot again,
    desktop loaded, and there was a failed service message... never had one before EVER. so, rebooted again, and all seems to be back to normal
    I just wonder if there a conflict with avast freeware, keyscrambler ?

Thanks

4. Techwiz

I tend to save the installation of virtualization applications (sandboxie, bufferzone, etc.) for last. Could explain why I have not encountered any problems. What I would suggest is that before installing keyscrambler, you run your browsers (IE & Firefox) outside bufferzone before installing. You may also wish to use the default bufferzone configuration to smooth installation. Sorry I could not be of more help. I'm fishing a couple different support forums to see if I can find you a definitive answer on avast.

5. zpro

zpro Registered Member

Yeah, its either one or the other, but still it could be advast,
    the way I did it was keyscrambler first, no problem with advast,
    then installed bufferzone, then some oddly things happen, as I mention previous,
    I try like you mention get bufferzone working first, then install keyscramble to see if there a problem. oh, by the way, I did only use the default setup for bufferzone.

6. Techwiz

What version of avast are you running? The avast sandbox (pro & internet security) could be problematic if running it alongside BZP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.