BufferZone Pro and Online Armor Question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Bonzi, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonzi

Bonzi Registered Member

I have a few question to ask for some help and advise from this expert forum:

Has anyone in this forum try Buffer Zone Pro and Online Armor free together as I read on BZ website that these 2 programs are not compatible with each other. Has anyone had a issue or conflict in running this 2 programs together and will it be fine if I can use these 2 together. I already have Sandboxie free install but I just want to try out this bz program as it looks interesting.

Is Buffer Zone easy to use and is there any adjustment to increase the level of security from the default settings.

Also I have Online Armor free, Avira av free, Threatfire and Sandboxie free running in real-time and I read in these forums that Threatfire has not keep up to date with the current malware and I was thinking of replacing TF with Spy Shelter free without it's system protection (HIPS). Do you think this will increase my protection (again keyloggers and other malware) or does OA firewall, HIPS and keylog protection cover all what Spy Shelter does. As I'm not too sure how strong OA keylog protection is.

Thanks.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

OA is very strong againts keyloggers;)

3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

If you have OA free, you really don't need threatfire as well. OA has a great HIPS and keylogger protection. If your using Avira AV, OA free and sandboxie that should be enough. Just make sure that you are running your browser sandboxed and have the proper config. Adding another HIPS/keylogger like spyshelter is just going to slow things down. You could add a DNS filter like Comodo or Norton DNS. If you do decide to use bufferzone it has its own firewall. THe only thing that you might want to use with bufferzone is Avira free. Other than that you should be good. Bufferzone has a known compatibility issue with OA. If you do want to use Bufferzone with another firewall I would recommend using private firewall or even Outpost. Either would be good.

4. Bonzi

Bonzi Registered Member

Hi Jmonge, thank you for your advise on Online Armor keylogging protection, I haven't seen any tests on it but I take your word for it as I won't install Spy Shelter.

Kjdemuth, thank you also for giving me advise on which software to use. As I have some question to ask you, as you said "Buffer Zone Pro has it's own firewall" can I disable it's firewall component and second question do you know what would happen if I install OA and BZ together. The reason I ask is I don't want to switch firewalls as I'm no expert in setting one up or to reply to too many pop ups.

It's does not look like Buffer Zone is very popular or hasn't been used together with OA. I will still hear some more feedback to it, and I might try to install BZ this week or so and still keep OA and see if I get errors or not.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it may slow down your system alitle or even your browser

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I do believe that you can disable to firewall in bufferzone. I used it before and I never used the built in firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.