Buffer overrun error message in Superantispyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by roark37, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

I have been using Superantispyware free for a few years with never any problem. I usually run a scan around once a month or so. When I tried to run it yesterday the program would not even open and instead I got a error message that said something about a buffer overrun will not allow the program to open. This is on an old pc using Windows Me and has never happened before. I did run the dr web cure it after this and it came back clean. Does anyone know what this is? And is there a scanner than can fix this problem? Does this sound like a serious issue so should I not use this computer until fixed? It is hard to find many scanners that stil work with Windows ME but Asquared free used to but when I tried to run that it said operating system not compatible with program so I am also wondering if that is a similar issue. I think I can run Bit Defender online scan but have not done so yet but I am not sure it will fix this problem. Any advice or recommendations in how to fix this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

roark

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I would post over at SuperAntiSpyware's forums or contact their customer support.

Have you tried uninstalling SAS and downloading a new copy from here and then reinstall it?

Does Windows ME have DEP (Data Execution Protection) and if so do you have it turned on? If so, you might be able to make an exception for SAS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.