"Budget" Windows 8 Tablet PC Suggestions

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am thinking about purchasing a "Budget" Windows 8 Tablet PC (~10 to ~12 inch). The reason that I am considering Windows 8 rather than Android is that I can install and use many of Security Softwares on the PC, which would make me 'feel' more Secure. I would like to keep the 'New' price below $400, if possible.

What Brands and Models do you suggest for a Windows 8 Tablet PC?

What are your feelings on buying 'Refurbished'? A PC Technician told me that if you purchase a 'Refurbished' PC which has been Refurbished by the 'original' Manufacturer, the PC is 'typically' OK. I see that Lenovo currently has some 'Refurbished' Windows 8 Tablet PC's which are around $300.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Its right at your limit of $400, but the ASUS Transformer Book T100 seems to fit your requirements. If you are willing to go smaller to a 8" tablet, consider the Dell Venue 8 Pro.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

The amount of viruses for Android is insignificant compare to Windows. When you combine that with the fact that there is a wide range AV software for Android, and that is extremely rare to get in infected if you stick to download apps from Google Play, in terms of security, Android is way ahead of Windows.

I would suggest that you only buy a Windows tablet if you want to use Windows. If you aren't too concerned about the operating system, Android would be a better choice as it is more secure and Android tablets are very cheap.

In my opinion it's hard to go wrong when buying Lenovo. They also make excellent Android tablets.

5. kriteshHDS

kriteshHDS Registered Member

+1 check out the Asus Transformer its pretty reasonable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.