BSPlayer and QT/Real files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pigman, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Okay, I just replaced Media Player Classic with BSPlayer due to stability problems. The thing is, BSPlayer can't play Real or QuickTime files. I did some searching on the BSPLayer forums, but I discovered that the method for installing the codecs or whatever to allow it to play Real/QT files was rather complicated and explained in a very vague fashion. Does anyone here know how to get BSP to play Real/QT stuff on Win98 without mucking around with command lines and stuff? Failing that, can anyone provide comprehensible instructions?

(Apologies for my ignorance about Windows... :p )

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

*bump*

3. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Okay, I've figured out how to get it to play Quicktime files - Quicktime Alternative (minus MPC) works for that. What doesn't work is RealPlayer files. At the BSPlayer forums, I found simple instructions for making it play RP files (just install Real Alternative and leave out Media Player Classic); I did that, but it still can't open RP files. Anyone know how to deal with this?

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Pigman, i used an old plugin with Winamp to play RM, RAM files. you can also try out J River Media Jukebox which has a full fledged RealPlay plugin.

5. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

You know where to find the plugin?

Also, you sure it will work with BSPlayer?

(Btw, I'm interested in playing Realplayer videos as well as audio stuff... And I really like BSPlayer, because its RAM usage is very low. Quicktime hogs up almost all my RAM; BSPlayer can actually run in the background and play music while I browse without reducing performance...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.