BSOD's NOD32 v4.0.467.0 -> XP x64

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guitarfoo, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarfoo

guitarfoo Registered Member

I recently upgraded from v3 to v4, and things have seemed to take a turn for the worse. I spent the last couple weeks diagnosing (tx ESET forum! :)), and finally repairing a Windows Security Ctr ('Antivirus not found.....') prob and have now re-installed/repaired Windows (3) times as a result. Everything seemed to work fine for a short time, but now I get BSOD's soon after getting to desktop as well as failures to get to Windows itself. My BIOS are currently at default values yet I'm still getting BSOD's while at idle and when using apps (Finale/Firefox/ESET, Gaming, etc...). Can't shake the thought that its all related to NOD32 somehow. I've seen a few threads relating BSOD's to ESET v4.

My question is this.......

I'm just wondering if there are any patches/fixes avail, or if anyone else has encountered this. I like how UN-invasive ESET is, and want to keep it!

MB - Asus P5K Deluxe
    OS - Win XP x64 Svc Pack 2
    GPU - EVGA 295
    Corsair memory - 8Gig
    CPU - Intel e8400
    ESET v4.0.467.0

tx for taking a min to read this,

......guitarfoo

2. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

Windows XP 64 bit huh ? I don't know how much support your going to get for an unsupported OS like that.I heard Windows XP 64 bit is like windows millenium edition... either it runs right, or it crashes constantly.If you remove NOD32 you say the crash problem goes away ? needs more details here exactly what programs you have loading at startup ETC.

3. guitarfoo

guitarfoo Registered Member

What of this?

]www.eset.com/company/article/ESET-Provides-Complete-Malware-Protection-for-64-bit-Systems/520.php?contentID=520[/URL]

-tx

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Un-supported by WHO?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.