BSODs in Vista

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Giftmacher, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giftmacher

Giftmacher Registered Member

Hi all, I recently installed nod32 on my PC and since then I've been getting BSODs whenever I play Vanguard saga of heroes for 5 minutes or so, unless I switch NOD32 off.

The BSOD is: Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area (I'll try to dig up more once I've figured out where Vista hides the info) so I'm guessing the page file is blocked by NOD32 in a way this game really doesn't like. Vanguard is a bit rough around the edges and does hammer the page file quite a bit so I'm think the fault lies there (plus other games seem to play without issue). However, I'd like to know if there is a specific function in NOD32 I can switch off which might alleviate the problem rather than switching the whole thing off?

FYI my system is:

MSI P6N SLI FI
    Intel E6600
    320MB EVGA 8800GTS ACS3
    4Gb Patriot (PDC24G6400ELK) PC2-6400 2x 2Gb 5-5-5-12 rated @ 2.0V
    X-Fi Gamer
    320GB Seagate SATA
    NEC 18x DVD-RW RAM SATA
    Corsair HX620 +3.3V 24A, +5V 30A, +12V1 18A, +12V2 18A, +12V3 18A

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

What's listed in the Windows Event Viewer as to the cause?

BFG

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

4. fce

fce Registered Member

is this BSODs message cause only by NOD32? i received this kind of BSOD message lately when i'm running SAS Pro only.

5. Giftmacher

I'm having trouble finding the event viewer in Vista, anyway I think I've nailed the problem down. The fault is Definitely in VG with X-Fi cards and 4Gb of RAM (32bit PCI card makes the system fall over when it tries to address that much memory), NOD32 just seems to push the system over the edge for some reason. o_O I'm trying the new Creative drivers which claim to fix the problem, I'll get a chance to test them tonight. Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes.

Gift.

6. Giftmacher

Well just an update for those interested, Creative's new drivers didn't help any but an uninstall, thorough clear down and roll back to an earlier driver fixed the issue.

I guess it was just coincidence that I noticed bugs after installing NOD32, either that or there are driver problems that only come to light when the system has a few extra programmes running.

Anyway, thought I'd better let you know in case anyone else comes asking with the same problem.

Cheers,

Gift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.