BSOD

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Klitetools, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klitetools

Klitetools Registered Member

OK guys ESS has been running great for a few weeks now but since yesterday I keep getting the BSOD with this stop error

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3078/1001232ou4.th.jpg

this only happens with ESS installed.

any idea?

my specs

laptop C2D 2.16GHz T2600
    2GB of ram
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800

I think its a driver error not sure

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Microsoft:
    Solutions (from Microsoft):
    To resolve a nonpaged pool memory depletion problem: Add new physical memory to the computer. This will increase the quantity of nonpaged pool memory available to the kernel.

- If you OS is Windows 2000:
    This problem was corrected in Windows 2000 Service Pack 1.

- If you installed new hardware recently, remove the hardware and boot again.

More info on this error:
    HERE

3. Klitetools

not sure what you mean, but I have 2GB of RAM there is no way ESS needs more then that.

my OS is XP PRO

last as I mentioned this only happens with ESS, if I run nod32 2.7 and Sygate pro or anything else this does not happen, only when I introduce ESS to the mix can I repeat the error. and sometimes within seconds of boot up and being on the desktop without anything else but ms services and ESS services running I get this error.

also I thought that epfwtdi.sys belonged to eset.

4. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

I know the answer is probably 2 but which service pack is installed?

5. Klitetools

I'm on XP SP2 only change to the laptop in the past 8 month has been testing ESS, no other new software and no hardware.

6. binkko

binkko Registered Member

epfwtdi.sys looks like a file for the personal firewall of ess.
    i think maybe you have another firewall on your pc,so there is a conflict between the firewall of ess and anther one.

7. Klitetools

that can be a possibility, I do have Sygate on that PC but I had it setup so it would not run with windows and I don't run it with ESS.

well let me go and do some searching in services and see if there are any running that should not be, I did not know that epfwtdi.sys belonged to the firewall of it, so now this helps me go toward a direction.

thank you all for your help and thank you binkko for setting the direction, will be back to report if I come up with something.

THX again to all ;)

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We'll need to get a full memory dump which would shed more light. If you don't know where to configure creation of memory dumps, please drop me a PM.

9. Klitetools

THX Marcos.

after using a new install file and doing a clean install and then doing a full scan with the nod av since last night its been running fine again.(16 hours)

I checked my services but no other firewall had any service running, so it was not conflict with another firewall. I just think some how the firewall drivers got corrupt on my laptop.

IF it does happen again I will read the dump file and post it here also.

THX again

10. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is another software firewall application installed on the computer, even a disabled (inactive) one?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. Klitetools

there is no services or proccesses running for another firewall but yes there were other firewalls installed.

however after that last post with a fresh install file and a clean install it has not happened since.

12. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you please install ESET Smart Security Public Beta 1a and report back if the problem occurs with that service release?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13. Klitetools

thank you

I have not had the chance but I'm sure I will find some time today to install it, but the problem has not happened anymore with beta 1 but I'm looking forward to beta 1a, if it happens I will be sure to post back.

THX again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.