BSOD with HP Credential Manager

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by ludo021288, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ludo021288

ludo021288 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm having an issue using ESS v4 and HP credential manager. When I try to access my outlook web access mail in Internet Explorer with the HP Credential manager Plugin enabled, i have a BSOD saying "Service exception error". I tried with both ESS and EAV v4. All works fine with ESS v3. If i disable HP Credential Manager plugin, it works fine.
    Rerverting back to v3 for now!
    Do you have any solution?

PS: I'm running Vista 64SP1

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It might sound unprofessional but I have always had problems with HP CM so I'd suggest you get rid of it and not use it if possible :)

3. ludo021288

It's not a good solution for me because i use this program to logon and it's vercy convenient not to have to type passwords eacht type i want to access a service (forum, mails...). Furthermore, it works great with ESS 3.0.669. I'm ready to do some more tests if you have any idea.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you determined the location of the HP Credential Manager software on the computer and tried excluding it from being scanned? If so, did that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. ludo021288

I have tried that and it still doesn't work (default folder: Program files/HP/). But disabling HP Single Sign On works but I don't have auto-login any more. Thanks for your answer.

6. agoretsky

Hello,

Is there a driver for the HP Credential Manager software which is installed in another location, such as C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\? If so, that should be excluded as well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. ludo021288

Hi,

The only driver for ProtectTools is the Authentec fingerprint sensor driver located on c:\windows\system32. I tried to exclude the entire directory and same problem!

Thx for your help

8. agoretsky

Hello,

Are there any drivers for the HP Credential Manager software in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. ludo021288

Hello,

No there are only 3 HP-related software in this directory: StorPort driver, Disk filter and Keyboard filter.

Nothing else but even excluding the whole system32 directory doesn't solve the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.