BSoD when using "Internet Security" programs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mare84, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mare84

mare84 Registered Member

Hi, I've been trying out different "security" programs for a while now, and the only thing that is consistent are BSoD-s.
    I tried, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, I tried Norton Internet Security 2010, and now I'm trying Eset System Security 4.
    BSoD is always caused by the same thing. 'ntoskrnl.exe' and the problem is (page fault in non paged area). It is 100% always that. They happen on a random basis, two times per day or even once every ten days. And never, never when I play games.
    Thing is, when i uninstall "security" program and put a regular anti virus (Kaspersky, Norton or Eset), and use a win firewall, everything goes back to normal and computer works perfectly.
    I also tested hard-drives, tested memory (thoroughly, for a 12 hours at the time, and a couple of times). I just don't know what to do anymore. Please help.
    I use Win 7 Ultimate x64 with regular updates.
    Please tell if you need more info.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

where do you start with an issue like yours. make sure you have the latest + Win7 64 fully compatible drivers; check and investigate event log errors and if all fails fall back to AV + Win FW. There is nothing wrong with that

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Plus, for deeper debugging, a memory dump is required. Most likely candidates here are buggy NIC/WiFi drivers.

4. mare84

mare84 Registered Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. About drivers, they are all latest, and are fully compatible.
    I use BlueScreenView to see/read the dump files, but I don't actually know that much about it. There are bunch of parameters there that I can't read.
    Here is the reading from it.

Attached Files:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please upload the minidump somewhere and PM me (or post here) the link to it?

6. mare84

mare84 Registered Member

Unfortunately my dump files were cleaned last night by tuneup utilities...
    I forgot to back them up. I uninstalled ss and installed eset av, everything is back to normal. I simply don't have time and patience to deal with this anymore...
    Thanks anyway guys!!!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.