BSOD when mounting an Image!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JustRight, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustRight

JustRight Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I have been using True Image for ages now without any problems. However I had need today to recover a single file from my last full backup. So I attempted to simply 'mount' that image and access the file I wanted via the mounted drive Id. I have done this previously, but not for quite some time. Anyway, just for something completely different today the mount process generated a BSOD after I clicked on the 'Proceed' button to mount the image.

The error was:
    STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xBA8E8C9C, 0xBAD0F554, 0xBAD0F250)
    CLASSPNP.SYS Address: BA8E8C9C Base at: BA8E8000 Datestamp: 41107EC2

This was when using build 3677. So I uninstalled 3677 and went back to build 3666, to see if that would work. Unfortunately 3666 caused exactly the same problem.

Now I know that the Image Explorer used to work on my system, I just can't say what version of TI I was using the last time it worked.

Has anyone else come across this sort of error? Interestingly CLASSPNP.SYS is actually a Windows System file (SCSI Class System Dll).

In all other respects my system is working flawlessly, no other apparent problems whatsoever.

I have been able to restore the file I wanted by using the 'Recovery' function and simply selecting the particular file I wanted. It would be good to be able to mount the Images again however.

My System:
    Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
    1 x Western Digital 150Gb Raptor (System Drive)
    8 x Hitachi 7K400 on Areca 1220 SATA Raid Controller (PCIe-x8 Slot 1)
    Leadtek PX7800GTX Graphics Card (PCIe-x8 Slot 2)
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Thecus N2050 Backup Units connected via eSATA to Silicon Image 3512 SATA Controller

Cheers.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JustRight,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please let us know what edition of Acronis software you use? (Acronis True Image 9.0 Home/Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation/Acronis True Image 9.1 Server/Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server). Please also do the following in order to enable mini-dumps:

- Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties";
    - Go to "Advanced" tab;
    - Go to "Startup" and "Recover Settings";
    - Choose "Small memory dump" in "Write debugging information" box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Now, please reproduce the system crash and submit a request for technical support. Attach the mini-dumps created along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. JustRight

JustRight Registered Member

Hi Irina,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am using True Image Home 9.0 build 3677. I will submit the problem report later today with the mini dump as you have requested.

Thanks again,
    Trevor White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.