BSOD related to tdx.sys 64 bit version

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Gonzo68, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonzo68

Gonzo68 Registered Member

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 and installed Eset Smart Security 3.0.566 64 bit. But everytime i run utorrent i'm getting BSOD every 2 hours or faster sometimes.

You can try to convince me that the problem is not eset but utorrent but the fact are 100% going against eset. Last night i remove eset and still haven't got any BSOD, before eset i never got BSOD so how can you explain that !!!

You can also tell me to go install the Microsoft KB concerning tdx.sys but my answer is simple, already done that.

My system specs are: Intel Pentium D 3.4 Ghz, 1 gb ram, Asus P5RD2-VM, ATI X1300, Vista Ultimate 64

I hope Eset is gonna work on a fix concerning that cause it seems the problem only occured on 64 bit version.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Gonzo68

HiTech boy, I'm downloading a lot via Torrent and needed utorrent to function, so i think you would have done the same as me and uninstall Eset for a while instead of getting BSOD every 2 hours and sometimes faster than that.

IF Eset really need that memory dump, someone from Tech support should contact me via email and i would reinstall it and give them what they need in order to fix it. But i think with all the details i gave, they could probably fix it without my help

4. Gonzo68

Since Eset smart security is not any more in beta, where should i email the memory dump now o_O

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you have alread created it (full memory dump) as per the instructions , contact ESET in email support[at]eset.com

The full memory dump is extremely big file to be emailed . So they'll tell you how to access their FTP server and upload it there

6. Gonzo68

Thx Hi-Tech Boy i just reinstall ess 3.0.566 but i did not start utorrent yet. But since i know i will get bsod i did change my vista settings to generate full memory dump when i'm ready to get bsod again. But as you suggest i may email support[at]eset.com prior or after that in order to know the way to sent them the dump.

7. Gonzo68

BSOD occurs less than 10 min. after my previous message.

I did send a pm to support@eset.com and will now wait for them to tell me how to upload the dump to their ftp server

8. alf535

alf535 Registered Member

i use ESS v3.0.566 on Vista 64 with all installed updates. The combination works fine till I try to use utorrent. in this case i see BSOD regularly. i have 0x7e error in tdx.sys. this error may occur in 10 minutes or 2 hours of work. and when i uninstall ESS and install NOD antivirus (without changing any other applications or settings) BSOD doesn't show up.

9. tazeat

tazeat Registered Member

Same issue with uTorrent open.

Just downloaded the trial off of eset.com (So no I am not currently a customer).

It was quite random too, it was working for a while without any issues then out of no where blue screen.

10. tazeat

tazeat Registered Member

11. tazeat

tazeat Registered Member

No fix?

Well I guess I'm gonna try just Nod32 AV + Comodo.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the problem is Vista,Microsoft and lack of SP1. Judge Eset after SP1 is released, not before. Trust me, behind the vurtains, there are quite a few struggling with hiding their defiencies from you for now.

13. tazeat

tazeat Registered Member

Well at least in the interim its worked fine for the last hour now that I switched over to the antivirus only version and installed comodo, play the blame game all day, but this works :).

And to be honest I trust comodo firewall more until eset proves its firewall software, comodo has been tested to different leak tests and it has had a chance to prove itself (although I love nod32 for AV so far).

14. Gonzo68

Of course, check the name of the poster on utorrent !!!! It was me posting there.

So explain to me why without Eset installed i never got any BSOD ... and with Eset many of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.