BSOD in Vista related to nod32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tvik, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvik

tvik Registered Member

Hello,

I have some BSOD problems in Windows Vista Ultimate x86 that have gotten worst after installing a nod32 trial version. I had a few until then, but seemed random and didn't manage to find out the cause. Most of them are 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA errors. After installing nod32 and starting scan the system BSOD again, and did the same every time i tried to scan.
    BSOD when running the sfc /scannow command in cmd. Uninstalled nod32 in safe mode(uninstalling also BSOD normally), then sfc /scannow ran ok.

Tried installing nod32 again, same problem, BSOD after starting scan. Uninstalled, but system keeps crashing about once an hour. Crashed while trying to install kaspersky.

I've been running with no anti-virus for about 2 weeks when decided to try nod32.

System specs are:
    Dell Dimension XPS 630
    Intel Core 2 Quad Core Extreme (3.00Ghz)
    NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI
    4 GB DDR2 667 MHz
    2 X 640 GB HDD SATA RAID
    2 X NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
    Crative SB X-Fi

All drivers are up to date, downloaded from Dell website except for chipset and video downloaded from Nvidia, latest updates.

I can provide any additional info requested.
    Thank you.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

i'd check my ram with memtest first.

3. tvik

tvik Registered Member

Ok, found out Nod32 is not the problem, it just poited it out. Any antivir, regcleaner, even defrag ends in BSOD. Ran memtest overnight, no problems. Can't figure out what the problem is actually.. all drivers up to date.

Thnak you for suggestion.

4. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

Are you overclocking and if so have your tried easing back on your timings, etc.?

Try running with only two sticks of RAM. Does this bring stability?

5. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

With 4GB of RAM you'll want to run Memtest for at LEAST 72 hours straight.

You're better bet is to remove half the ram and test for three days, then swap and retest for another 3 days. Yes, you'll be without your computer for 6 days.

You can also try as ZOm17 says and yank half and use it for a month and see if they persist, then swap and repeat.

The other option is to go buy all new RAM and hope that fixes it. $200 in RAM might be more attractive than 3-6 days without the rig., plus many places will take RAM back within 30 days once you have an idea if it's the fault or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.