BSOD from ntoskrnl.exe after Windows Update

Discussion in 'hardware' started by yongsua, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Recently,when I updated my Windows with Windows Update,I got a BSOD and after that my notebook can't finish loading the word "Welcome" in every single reboot.I need to shut down my notebook with the "On button".I had fed up with this and i formatted my notebook.Unfortunately,after the reformat,I got an error message about Windows installation error and needs to restart the installation.Please Help!!!:'(

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Please provide more details of what happened and the work that you performed:

1. Operating System: Windows XP, XP Pro, Vista, 7 (32 bit or 64 bit)?
    2. Formatted what? Whole hard drive? System Partition?
    3. From what location did you re-install Windows? Factory Restore CD/DVD, Hidden Restore Partition, etc.

Thank you.

3. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

1)Windows 7
    2)I reinstalled to original factory but all old files saved at C:/Backup
    3)I used the F1.F2,F3 keys(Not sure and can't remember which key but definitely start from F )

Thanks for your concern.

4. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

I'm betting hardware problems.

My advice would be to start narrowing down the problem by downloading Memtest86+ here: http://www.memtest.org/

Download the image from the section Pre-built & ISOs to an another computer. Burn it to a CD with software like ImgBurn. Insert the disk to the computer discussed in the first post. It should boot to a blueish test mode.

Let it run for at least 12 passes. It may take a long time, so leave it on for night.

If there are any errors, your RAM is faulty. If not, continue troubleshooting by figuring out your hard driver's manufacturer and then downloading a test boot CD from them. Use that to check the hard drive for damaged sectors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.