BSOD during iTunes installation on Windows XP!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xMarkx, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using a Dell Dimenion 8400 with Windows XP Home Edition SP3. My Windows Update is all up to date. I was using iTunes 7.7 and whatever QuickTime and Bonjour version that is bundled with it (Quicktime 7.5 I think). I opened the Apple Software Update to update to iTunes 8.0.2, the latest version of iTunes.

While it was installing iTunes + Quicktime, I suddenly received this BSOD:

0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x805a3a9f, 0xaf99b804, 0x00000000)
    I know that there were BSOD issues with iTunes 8.0.0 and Windows Vista, but I'm using Windows XP and was updating to iTunes 8.0.2. The BSOD issues were fixed in iTunes 8.0.1, in October.

Does anyone know, in general, what the cause of this BSOD may be?

I've had this computer since 2005 and have never received any BSODs and I first installed iTunes a few months after purchasing the computer and have updated successfully without any problems since then.

After I got the BSOD, I restarted my computer and tried the install again and it worked, but I'm worried that this problem could occur at the next iTunes Software Update or randomly when I'm using iTunes... which is why I want to pinpoint the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Merry Christmas!

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Did you ever take Nick up on his offer Mark?

S

3. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Maybe clean your fan and clean your Windows services and applications, your Desktop ...?

Maybe yes.

PROROOTECT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.