BSOD - AMON.sys Driver

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Zom17, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zom17

Zom17 Registered Member

In the last 6 weeks I have been getting kicked offline frequently (I have cable) and Microsoft's error report consistently points to NOD32 and they tell me ESET knows of this issue but at this time has no solution.

Then for the very first time today I get a BSOD and the Blue Screen, as well as the Minidump, confirms that such the crash was due to NOD32, specifically amon.sys.

Up until 6 weeks ago I haven't had an issue with NOD32 and now I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

* Also, I haven't made any changes whatsoever to my computer. The only
    constant is ESET's continuous upgrading of virus definitions.

OS = XP w/SP2 and all updates are current.

Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

This is very strange since the latest version of NOD32 is thought to be problem free (I mean this is critical issue ,you know...)

Most useful for ESET would be not a minudump but a complete memory dump while AMON/NOD32 crashes.Here is an example how to report BSOD issues and create complete memory dump
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=176109

You can use it to have such DMP file and then contact ESET Technical support

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.