BSOD after restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rdgrimes, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

After restoring a system partition image, after verifying the image is OK, I get the following BSOD at the point after the Windows splash screen progress bar is all the way to the right:

systemroot\system32\config\software is corrupt, absent or not writable

What's going on? I went back to my previous image from last night and it booted OK. If Acronis is going to be creating random corrupt files, I'd like to know about it.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Update: After restoring the older image, I went and looked at the "bad" image and discovered that the 1st file was just plain not there, so the image started with file #2. The question now expands to "Why did TI even allow me to resore an image with one missing file? Why did the image verify in the boot version from secure zone?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rdgrimes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

How many files your "bad" image consists of? What are the file names?

What is the structure if your image archive? Are there any incremental images or just the full image splitted into a several parts?

Where do you store your images?

What operating system is installed on your PC?

Please also try to verify the image by means of the Check Image tool both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD and inform me about the results.

Find the full version name and build number as it is shown here and let me know them.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.