BSOD after installing TI 9.0 Build 2337

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DatabaseMX, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatabaseMX

DatabaseMX Registered Member

Here is the scenario:

Gateway M675 Notebook, 1.5GB Ram, etc.
    Windows XP Pro with all **Currrent** service paks, updates, etc
    Backup Drive is Seagate external USB 160GB drive.
    --------------------

Friday 02-18-2006:
    Purchased (Upgraded to) Acronis True Image 9.0, Build 2337.

With TI 8.0 still installed, I made sure I could 'mount' a previous backup. No Problem.

Completely uninstalled TI 8.0
    Rebooted system

Installed TI 9.0 Build 2337 - no problem.
    Rebooted system.

Opened TI and decided to be sure I could read (mount) a previous backup created with TI 8.0. So, I used 'Plug Image' to view the backup. As TI was in the process mounting the backup image (I clicked on Proceed), a BSOD occurred ... flashing hex codes on the screen *momentarily*, and then the system rebooted!

After reboot, Microsoft displayed a message the a 'Serious error had been repaired - .... device driver issue ... and I clicked Send To MS.

I repeated the above Plug Image procedure again ... this time with no problem ... the image was mounted as a virtual 'I' drive.

Then I did a full system backup with no problem ... and ... was able to mount the backup image (created with TI9.0) - no problem.

I scanned through the Forum to find similar posted issues - none found per se.

Saturday 02-19-2006

As a test, I again tried to use Plug Image .. to see if the BSOD would occur ... and the exact same BSOD occurred as TI was in the process of mounting the image.

Note: I've never had this problem with TI 8.0 ... over the last 1.5 years ... across multiple systems on which TI is installed. I have been able to do complete restores, clones ... and other magic things with TI 8.0, including SCSI drives, etc.

Below is the Error information reported by Windows after the crash and reboot:
    BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00002835 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001

BCP4 : 806FFA16 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

--------------------

Error report summary

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
    Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
    What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
    Cause : Unknown device driver
    Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
    Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

----------------------------

Of course, Microsoft will NOT be correcting this problem anytime soon ... but, hopefully Acronis Tech Support has a solution or someone in the Forus will.

Acronis Tech Support et. al: Please assume I am very computer saavy and well versed in troubleshooting procedures ... and very aware of what is and is not on my system. I have installed TI8.0 on many client systems, essentially with no problems.

Thank you ...
    -------------------

2. DatabaseMX

DatabaseMX Registered Member

PROBLEM - BSOD after installing TI 9.0 Build 2337

Here is the scenario:

Gateway M675 Notebook, 1.5GB Ram, etc.
    Windows XP Pro with all **Currrent** service paks, updates, etc
    Backup Drive is Seagate external USB 160GB drive.
    --------------------

Friday 02-18-2006:
    Purchased (Upgraded to) Acronis True Image 9.0, Build 2337.

With TI 8.0 still installed, I made sure I could 'mount' a previous backup. No Problem.

Completely uninstalled TI 8.0
    Rebooted system

Installed TI 9.0 Build 2337 - no problem.
    Rebooted system.

Opened TI and decided to be sure I could read (mount) a previous backup created with TI 8.0. So, I used 'Plug Image' to view the backup. As TI was in the process mounting the backup image (I clicked on Proceed), a BSOD occurred ... flashing hex codes on the screen *momentarily*, and then the system rebooted!

After reboot, Microsoft displayed a message the a 'Serious error had been repaired - .... device driver issue ... and I clicked Send To MS.

I repeated the above Plug Image procedure again ... this time with no problem ... the image was mounted as a virtual 'I' drive.

Then I did a full system backup with no problem ... and ... was able to mount the backup image (created with TI9.0) - no problem.

I scanned through the Forum to find similar posted issues - none found per se.

Saturday 02-19-2006

As a test, I again tried to use Plug Image .. to see if the BSOD would occur ... and the exact same BSOD occurred as TI was in the process of mounting the image.

Note: I've never had this problem with TI 8.0 ... over the last 1.5 years ... across multiple systems on which TI is installed. I have been able to do complete restores, clones ... and other magic things with TI 8.0, including SCSI drives, etc.

Below is the Error information reported by Windows after the crash and reboot:
    BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00002835 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001

BCP4 : 806FFA16 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

--------------------

Error report summary

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
    Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
    What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
    Cause : Unknown device driver
    Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
    Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

----------------------------

Of course, Microsoft will NOT be correcting this problem anytime soon ... but, hopefully Acronis Tech Support has a solution or someone in the Forus will.

Acronis Tech Support et. al: Please assume I am very computer saavy and well versed in troubleshooting procedures ... and very aware of what is and is not on my system. I have installed TI8.0 on many client systems, essentially with no problems.

Thank you ...
    -------------------

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DatabaseMX,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps:

- Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties";
    - Go to "Advanced" tab;
    - Go to "Startup" and "Recover Settings";
    - Choose "Small memory dump" in "Write debugging information" box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Now, please reproduce the system crash and collect the mini-dumps created. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.