Browser/User agent in IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I was looking at my IMON settings. Under the tab 'HTTP' I clicked on 'Client compatiblity'. Here a list of all webbrowser and programs is displayed. I noticed a Browser/User agent called Tioga. The file it is associated with is called startup.exe. I have no idea what this is. Is this a threat? If so, why does NOD allow it access (and even lists) to the internet?

A Google search didn't help me much, so I am hoping that someone can tell me more about this (also how to get rid of it in case it is a real threat). I searched my registry for 'Tioga' and 'startup.exe' but I couldn't find anything.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I Believe its a self healing/or Self Help agent to help solve issues. I think the purpose is to help free up the desktop help And no its not a virus/trojan.

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi Djohn,
    thanks for your reply. After scrutinizing the internet and my registry I came to a similar conclusion. Tioga is the former name of support.com (SupportSoft) and they do indeed provide software for remote assistance. No more worries for now...-:)

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Your very welcome.Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.