Browser/User agent in IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I was looking at my IMON settings. Under the tab 'HTTP' I clicked on 'Client compatiblity'. Here a list of all webbrowser and programs is displayed. I noticed a Browser/User agent called Tioga. The file it is associated with is called startup.exe. I have no idea what this is. Is this a threat? If so, why does NOD allow it access (and even lists) to the internet?

A Google search didn't help me much, so I am hoping that someone can tell me more about this (also how to get rid of it in case it is a real threat). I searched my registry for 'Tioga' and 'startup.exe' but I couldn't find anything.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I Believe its a self healing/or Self Help agent to help solve issues. I think the purpose is to help free up the desktop help And no its not a virus/trojan.

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi Djohn,
    thanks for your reply. After scrutinizing the internet and my registry I came to a similar conclusion. Tioga is the former name of support.com (SupportSoft) and they do indeed provide software for remote assistance. No more worries for now...-:)

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Your very welcome.Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.