Browser Problems With NOD32 And AOL

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sniper857, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper857

Sniper857 Registered Member

I ordered and downloaded NOD32 recently,and just after I installed it,when using the AOL browser webpages load normally for a little while.Then I will start to get "Internet explorer cannot display this webpage" "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" with every webpage i try to open using AOL.When i go to Start-Internet Explorer my default page which is Google comes up without out a problem,I only have problem's when using the AOL browser.If anyone has had this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! Welcome to the forum!

I think you don't this such a crappy application like the AOL browser . I personally recommend you uninstall it and use Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 2 , instead .

As for a possible solution :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

Confirm with OK and Hide the Control Center

Now open Control Center -> AMON -> Setup -> "Exclusions" tab
    Press the Add button and follow the instructions to add the whole AOL Browser's folder as exception . When ready , confirm with OK and Hide the Control Center :thumb:

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    While I'm not a fan of AOL, I do have quite a few clients that just can't leave it, and NOD32 gets along just fine.

I'd start by uninstalling any/all references to AOL on the computer, add/remove programs...get rid of allllll those AOL related entries...

Followed by uninstall any/all IE toolbars that got installed.

Then run a TCP/Winsock repair utility...
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/WinSock_XP_Fix/winsockxpfix.html

Forcing a reboot....

Then go to aol.com, and download the latest version.

4. Sniper857

Sniper857 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply's,I actually went back to a older version of AOL and the browser seems to be working a lot better now,the newere version i was using was for windows vista and xp but just wasnt working right.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting me and YeOlde know :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.