Browser Problems With NOD32 And AOL

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sniper857, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper857

Sniper857 Registered Member

I ordered and downloaded NOD32 recently,and just after I installed it,when using the AOL browser webpages load normally for a little while.Then I will start to get "Internet explorer cannot display this webpage" "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" with every webpage i try to open using AOL.When i go to Start-Internet Explorer my default page which is Google comes up without out a problem,I only have problem's when using the AOL browser.If anyone has had this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! Welcome to the forum!

I think you don't this such a crappy application like the AOL browser . I personally recommend you uninstall it and use Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 2 , instead .

As for a possible solution :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset
    N.B. ! If you use Windows Vista , you must first run cmd as Administrator .

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

Confirm with OK and Hide the Control Center

Now open Control Center -> AMON -> Setup -> "Exclusions" tab
    Press the Add button and follow the instructions to add the whole AOL Browser's folder as exception . When ready , confirm with OK and Hide the Control Center :thumb:

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    While I'm not a fan of AOL, I do have quite a few clients that just can't leave it, and NOD32 gets along just fine.

I'd start by uninstalling any/all references to AOL on the computer, add/remove programs...get rid of allllll those AOL related entries...

Followed by uninstall any/all IE toolbars that got installed.

Then run a TCP/Winsock repair utility...
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/WinSock_XP_Fix/winsockxpfix.html

Forcing a reboot....

Then go to aol.com, and download the latest version.

4. Sniper857

Sniper857 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply's,I actually went back to a older version of AOL and the browser seems to be working a lot better now,the newere version i was using was for windows vista and xp but just wasnt working right.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting me and YeOlde know :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.