Browser Page Settings Problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mele20, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Hi JavaCool,
    Great new version. Thanks!

I had two problems after installing ver 4 but got one (IE was not fully protected) fixed by disabling all protection and starting again.

The other problem is that changing the IE browser page settings doesn't work. I change them and try to click apply on each but nothing happens. If I click on "Apply All" I get a warning about editing the local page although I have not edited the local page. I wanted search page, default search URL, search assistant and customize search to be blank on the global settings and the search page and search bar to be blank on my user settings. Do I have to type something in there? I simply erased what was there.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If by "nothing happens" you mean you do not visually see any immediate reaction, that appears to be normal.

As an example, if you change your Start Page and then look in IE\Tools\Internet Options, you should see that the change did take effect. Or if you make the change and then select another Menu item on the left, Updates for example and then re-look at Tools\IE Browser Pages, you should see that the change did take effect ?

Bubba

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Hi Bubba, nice to see you moderating as I haven't seen much of you here in awhile.

No, what I meant was that I simply erased what is there for search page, for instance, and left it blank and clicked on "apply" and the "apply" button appeared dead. I then closed Spyware Blaster and reopened it later and I saw the original search page data back in the box so I knew that "apply" did not work.

It is not terribly important as I don't often use IE and some of the stuff in there is Dell crap that I long ago thought I got off this machine with PCDecrapifier but maybe I didn't..so I wanted to make sure search assistant, etc. does not point to Dell.

Does "Global settings" there apply to all users? That's the one with all the Dell junk.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In that example, I can confirm that an entry has to be added or it does indeed not take. For example, if one simply adds the letter a, that letter will be set in the registry as your "search page". Hence, SB does indeed not except a blank entry for "search page".

Bubba

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Ahh...so blank page won't work but just one letter entered will. That is cool. I'll do it that way. Mahalo.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yep - in the current release, to prevent anyone from completely removing one of the necessary browser page settings, it won't accept blank input.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.