Browser Page Change Error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by trdavidson, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trdavidson

trdavidson Registered Member

Hello!

I've been running Spyware Guard for two days. Did some registry editing today and also reinstalled SG and now whenever I boot up I get told that someone's trying to change my browser/search page. The trouble is, the same two addresses are given for old/new value. This is annoying. How can I make it go away?

Thanks in advance,
    Terry Davidson

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Terry,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Not sure if you already tried this. Did you allow the change?

If that does not help, disable Browser Hijack Protection before shutting the computer down and re-enable it after the reboot is completed.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and the input.

Yeah, I allowed it and it kept on repeating the request - whether I allowed it or not unless I just closed the box. I since my post I have uninstalled SG, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and that seems to have fixed it.

I had been using SpyBlocker for the past two years...I uninstalled it today. SG seems to be in every way superior. This little glitch in SG was nothing like I had begun to experience lately with SB.

Thanks again.

Terry

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Terry,

SpyBlocker may have been the reason for this happening. It has a similar feature, that puts back the old values at reboot, I think.

I have had some experiences with SpyBlocker users where hijacks seemed to reoccur, but in fact it was Spyblocker putting back the old settings.

Regards,

Pieter

5. :mad:
    I just downloaded that Homepage Blocker today (without any previous attempts to have my homepage changed, simply for added protection) and Low and Behold, It said that my homepage was about to be changed to MSN. WTF? Then , had the same problem with being unable to set it back to my default. I solved the problem. I uninstalled the program. Not impressed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.