Browser Hyjack Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mint Chip, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mint Chip

Mint Chip Registered Member

I downloaded the Browser Hyjack Blaster and it stopped my AdShield from working properly. AdShield stops the pop up stoppers. Plus the it identified the Google tool bar as a problem in the alerts. It identified things and I clicked yes to have them removed not knowing that it was looking at the function of other programs as a problem.

There also was a problem with the splash ad of the program hanging. I am using Windows XP.

I did a restore to get the functions on AdShied back.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Mint Chip,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Just to make sure BrowserHijackBlaster is causing the conflict: are you using the new version of the Google toolbar?
    Since that has a built-in popup-blocker it would be easier to imagine a conflict with AdShield there.

Then you could try using SpywareGuard, which offers the browser hijack protection of BHB and more.
    Don't use BrowserHijackBlaster and SpywareGuard alongside, since they are known to conflict and there is no need for BHB once you have SG.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Mint Chip

Mint Chip Registered Member

Thanks, the Google bar did update itself yesterday and I did not know that. It had the popup stopper feature in a beta version which I tried but it affected AdShield which I like better because is stops flash and you can right click on any image animated or non animated to block if you want.

I feel like a virtual prisoner with all the stuff I have to have in the computer to keep the nuts out AdShield AdAware, SpyBlaster, Zone Alarm anti virus etc. Life was much easier before the net.

If I adjust the active x setting and make them higher will that stop the browser hyjack.

[move] :D [/move]

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Mint Chip,

That would certainly stop the drive-by hijacks. Then the only risk left is the presents you get when installing programs that come with bundled spy/ad/cr@pware.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Yea I agree with Pieter_Arntz, you want efficient Hijacking protection use something like SpywareGuard. I’ve not really used it, I had installed it once recently to reproduce a user’s issue, and I ended testing its security defences around the same time and it was quite unbelievable compared to what’s currently available to us. Actually I think this Software quite overrated :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.