Browser Hijack Blaster Question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mystik_TK, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystik_TK

Mystik_TK Guest

How do I set this to run in the background? It doesn't show up in my task list.

Thanks.

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

3. bop

bop Guest

some site links to http://www.wilderssecurity.com/bhblaster.html

not

http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html

(I wish I remembered which site it was o_O)

If it wasn't for this post, I wouldn't have known about the newer program. Please fix the .com site so it has that bold print on top :)

4. bop

bop Guest

the site was http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/articles/hijacked/

that gives the .com link

5. Mystik_TK

Mystik_TK Guest

Thanks for the help.

I'm currently using Spybot S&D, but I was wondering which prgram I should use alongside it:

Spyware Blaster or Spyware Guard?

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Any reason for making this an either / or choice? Javacool built these two programs to be complementary to each other. Together they cover more spyware protection than separately. A very many people run both SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard, and they both work fine with Spybot S&D on your system.

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Both, of course.

Mystik, while SBS&D does an excellent job of cleaning up spyware after-the-fact (as does AA), what you really want is to not get slammed with any spyware to begin with.

Both SBS&D and AA should never find anything on your computer, scumware-wise - they should both be had and run, of course, but only to verify the fact that all your pro-active defenses are working properly (pro-active defenses being such things as SWB and SWG, as well as programs like IE-SPYAD - if you use IE, of course - having tight settings for whatever browser and chat program you use in addition to having a properly installed and configured firewall whose results/output you understand and an OS that is totally patched/updated with all security-related items).

Is your Windows Messenger shut-down/un-installed? It should be, unless you really have a use for it.

Do you have WSH shut down? If not, have you a script-control program in use? (ScriptSentry, WormGuard, ScripTrap, etc.). If not, why not? The examples I could give you are many.

It's not "This one?"

It's this one and this one and that one. Layers. A pro-active defense - instead of just relying on a re-active defense to clean up messes with.

Or at least that's the way it works most excellently here. Pete

8. Mystik_TK

Mystik_TK Guest

Thanks for your help. :)

9. Mystik_TK

Mystik_TK Guest

Silly me.

I went to uninstall BHB, but it was still running.

Which files should I remove to complete the uninstall?

10. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Just look for the directory in which Browser Hijack Blaster was originally installed. If it exists, delete it. That's about it. :)

(The default path is C:\Program Files\Browser Hijack Blaster)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.