Browser Highjack Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Tom_, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_

Tom_ Guest

Hello all,
    If this subject has been covered in another thread, please add link.

I downloaded the software Browser Highjack Blaster (BHB).
    On running this when I was online and using IE, a pop-up came on telling me my home page had been changed to "none", did I want to return to the previous setting. To this I clicked yes.
    Another pop-up came on telling me my default search engine had be changed to "none", did I want this returned to the previous setting. To this I replied yes.
    The first pop-up then came on again and so on repeating the sequence during which time I was unable to open any more windows in IE or do any searches.
    I clicked tools and IE options and re-set the home page. This made no difference.
    It was not until I turned off BHB and then re-set the home page and search engine that I was able to continue.
    Is this fault with BHB, some form of attack that I have never experienced before or some other quirk?
    BTW the "none" was an ascii square
    I have done a virus scan and spyware scan with nothing shown
    I am not using the program at present
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Tom

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Tom_,

I would recommend to donwload and install SpywareGuard by the same author. It has everything BrowserHijackBlaster had and more.
    Also this issue should be solved then.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Tom_

Tom_ Guest

Many thanks Pieter, will do as suggested
    Regards
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.