browse images in secure zone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom_ZC, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_ZC

Tom_ZC Registered Member

I have a 250 gig second physical drive (drive D) that I've thus far used only for Acronis images of my regular C drive. Right now about 200 gig is allocated for the secure zone with the remaining 50 gig unused.

Thus far I've only stored a single image of C to the secure zone. I would like to store another one, but I'd prefer to do so without wiping out the first one. I was hoping to check out the first image to see how much of the secure zone it's occupying. That way I can see if the second image I'm creating will necessitate the deletion of the first. I tried running the "Managing the Secure Zone" command, but all that does is let me increase or decrease the secure zone's size.

What am I missing here? How do I check out the image in my secure zone so that I know how much space it's using and so that I can read the notes I made about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Start the recovery or backup wizard and two or three screens in you will see the secure zone free space available. Then either continue or back out gracefully.

Xpilot

3. Tom_ZC

Tom_ZC Registered Member

Thanks, that did the trick. Your help is appreciated.

4. Ben Kars

Ben Kars Registered Member

Pardon me for asking but how do you get an image file stored in disk C into a secure zone? At the moment I have the image, I have the secure zone but I cannot find anything in the Help to put the two together!

5. dld

dld Registered Member

You don't create a SZ, create an image and then put the two together. It is in the creation of the image itself that you will be given the option of creating it in the SZ. Once created in the SZ you cannot access this image to mount it for example or simply to look at your image file. The only way you can access the image is in the restoration process. And the only way you can delete this image is by removing the SZ itself. Of course Acronis will delete images in the SZ if it finds it cannot create a new image without deleting previous images.

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Actually you can mount an image that is in the secure zone. Likewise you can copy files etc. from it once mounted.

Xpilot

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ben Kars,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis Secure Zone is a hidden protected partition on the hard disk drive and it is inaccessible by the operating system and applications other than Acronis True Image. The already created image archive can not be copied or moved into Acronis Secure Zone. One can only create the image and store it to Acronis Secure Zone via Backup Creation Wizard. Also as dld you can not delete image archives stored in Acronis Secure Zone manually. Acronis True Image 9.0 Home uses automatic scheme to clean up Acronis Secure Zone. You can find more information it in the Chapter 3.3 "Acronis Secure Zone" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide. However, unlike dld said you can access the image archive stored in the Acronis Secure Zone and mount it as a virtual drive, restore specified files/folders or restore disks/partitions from this image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

For what you want to do, you probably would be better off not using the SecureZone feature of TI.

To avoid losing the image you made of C, don't delete the SZ, but you might reduce it's size. In the unused part of the second drive, create a normal partition. Save future images there.

Images saved in an ordinary partition can be checked for size, deleted, moved and copied as all other ordinary files with Windows Explorer.

9. mcongosto

mcongosto Registered Member

I am trying to browse my Secure Zone (v8.0 on windows server 2003 SP1) and I am getting this error: "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive"

Any help?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.