Broken updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pegas, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hi folks,
    Suddenly having problems with updates. The latest update is 4203 that I updated to early morning. However now checking updates manually I am getting error - virus definition is not updated - and ESS' icon in systray went to orange followed by windows security center saying ESS needs attention. It looks like ESS attempts to check updates but from whatever reasons it can't. My internet connection is OK. Test mode is enabled. Wondering if early upgrade to Vista SP2 is the culprit but for some hours after the upgrade everything worked, even successfully updated to 4203.
    Can any1 advise?
    Thx,
    pegas

Update: As per ESS web 4204 is availble but still can't move ahead ... stuck with 4203

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

+ with last eset ss

Sans titre.JPG

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It's related to the test mode. As soon as I disabled it ESS successfully updated to 4204 but firewall module returned back to 1049. Anyway glad to be updated so will stay off the test mode until it works. Eset folks please take a look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.