Broken Shadow

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Any ideas, I missed a schedule, & when I opened SP, it said my license was disconnected. Clicking Backup brings up (see picture) About the only option I have is Explore Backup. Anyway nothing works in the program can't even enter or check license info.

Thanks
    Rico

Attached Files:

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi

I tried 'Repair' & got error connecting to server message, with no improvement from post #1.

Tried one more time 'Repair' same server error message. Tried SP and now functional, with 'Active' license. Wierd!

Now SP does not recognize or the backup wizard does not contain the previous instructions. Within SP I can see the previous backup jobs on my ext HD. Is there a way to continue with my previous backups, or should I format G: & start anew?

Previously the backup wizard was Full backups 'monthly' on the 1st. & increments only on Sunday 5:15pm. If i set this up now/again, are the previous backups on G: still valid & useableo_O?

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Rico,

I would just give SP the BU instructions again and see if it takes. Bump up the sched time so you can see if it does work. You can always cancel / abort and re-instruct the start time.

...screamer

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rico

Once you have it all working again, I would just verify those images. If they are okay, I'd think your fine. Really weird.

Pete

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

While SP was mostly broken, the 'explore backups' was available. I played with that & at some point I made or said ok to drive "H" which was read only. I never intended to create a new drive, just seeing if I could have some functionality with SP. Ok! Now everything is working again, license says "active", no red SP shield in the tray. At my computer XP machine, I saw drive H it had x amount of space & x amount of data. From properties I chose dis-mount H, & I now do not see H. Is the data that H contained & the space that H occupied now gone, after the dis-mount. Or do I need to (somehow) mount H format H then dismount it? Geez I thought you only dis-mounted from a horse.

Take Care
    Rico

6. Peter2150

Hi Rico

I missed something. Is Drive H, a real disk or an image mounted as a disk?

Pete

7. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Peter,

Thanks! "H" never existed until, I fooled around with SP's "Explore Disk" one of the windows said something about H & I ticked the box, I believe at this point I mounted an image & made it read-only. Upon finding H in "My Computer" i dis-mounted. I guess the question becomes is there an image that used to belong to H taking up unwanted space?

Take Care
    Rico

8. Peter2150

Go into SP, and try dismount image. If its there you can dismount it. Also if it shows up in windows explorer you can delete the files. If its not in either place it should be gone.

Pete

9. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Rico,

It sounds as though you created a virtual drive (H) to explore / view an existing image. When you dis-mounted it, you in effect canceled / deleted the "virtual" drive. You should still have the original image on your box in case you need to restore.

...screamer

10. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi.

ThanksGuys!!!!!!!

Take Care
    Rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.