BR10 Free needs more robust code - Corrupts drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

For those of you who are programmers, you know that it is the program's responsibility to ccorrect correctly process events caused by a, say, CANCEL button, and the X in the upper right corner of each dialog.

Once those events occur, the program must take the necessary actions to close handles, etc.

Apparently, BR 10 Free is not so robust.

I clicked on Cancel, and maybe X, to terminate the program.

I then rebooted to my main OS on the same PC.
    When I tried to run Perfect Disk to defrag the USB drive that had just been used by BR10 Free, I got umpteen messages that I needed to run chkdsk. So I rebooted and allowed chkdsk to run during the boot.

The corrupt files turned outto bde the files that BR was writing to the drive. The files were never closed properly.

BR needs to be made more secure in closing files.
    Short of somebody powering off the computer or drive, or screwing up via Task Manager, corrupt files should not be left behind.

Note that I do not normally defrag a USB drive, but this one had become greatly fragmented recently, so the devil made me do it,

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Another possibility?

A day earlier, I had run te Trial BR 10, it created a backup at boot time via the System Backup option.

Does that create a "hidden" partition?
    If so, that may be where the bad files came fron.
    And, worse yet, if that was the case, one canot defrag the drive using say, Perfect Disk, which is far more than unacceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.