BR 10 Suite vs DB 10 Workstation

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

Is there anything that would make one select BR 10 Suite over DB 10 Workstation. As far as I can see, they both have the same functionality. I am willing to be proven wrong here. Is one more robust than the other? There have been a few complaints about SB2010 having a mind of its own, but it can apparently be disabled, and thus not be a problem. Except for cost, there appears to be little to choose from between these 2 applications. Am I missing anything?

Reed

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I think the main difference between BR 10 suite and DB 10 Workstation is the Paragon Remote Management Console (PRM Console) which lets an administrator deploy PRM clients over multiple computers and manage all backup related tasks from the PRM Console.

3. reedm

reedm Registered Member

It appears that the PRM Console is an extra cost add-on for DB 10 Workstation. If I am going to be using the application on a single PC, am I giving up any other capability by installing the BR 10 Suite rather than the DB 10 Workstation? The slight cost differential is not a driving factor. I just don't want to sacrifice functionality.

Reed

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Other than the PRM, there's no other notable feature between the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.