Box Tools Menu or something else

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Jul 2, 2022.

1. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

upload_2022-7-2_10-47-0.png

I'm thinking of adding a import/export box function that would allow to save/restore boxes from a 7z archive
    just thinking where to put the export button it will probably be used rarely

So it would be good to put it into a sub menu, may be a Box Tools sub menu
    what other commands could/should go into that sub menu?
    Duplicate Sandbox,
    Rename Sandbox?

or should we re purpose the Box Content menu?

what do you think?

upload_2022-7-2_11-11-44.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  2. btbs

btbs Registered Member

@DavidXanatos, I'd vote for repurposing the Box Content menu. My rationale is to minimise the number of items in the main menu. Having said that, it's one of those 'personal preference' issues and I'm sure it will work well where ever it ends up.

3. plat

plat Registered Member

Honestly, "box tools" doesn't automatically make me think of "duplicate box config" or "export box." It's not intuitive that way. Maybe instead of "box tools" you can name it something like "box options" and put those two in there, plus "box contents" with a sub-menu of "explore contents" and "delete contents" and further: "box presets."

The more you can conveniently but intuitively jam in there, the less clutter in the menu imo.

"Sandbox options" already in the menu--maybe "Sandbox settings" instead? Or "Box settings" to keep things consistent?

4. busy

busy Registered Member

Something like this:

SbiepMenuOps04.png

5. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

hmm I see...
    but duplicate/export are not options,
    options are presets, config, etc...
    import/export, duplicate delete, rename are typical tool commands

6. dodo1

dodo1 Registered Member

another name suggestion: "Manage box" (with subcommands "Rename box", "Move box", "Remove Box", "Export Box", etc)

7. Survivor

Survivor Registered Member

@DavidXanatos reminds me of the older topic, rearranging the menu... Like isolating the box destructive commands. How about some like this. Sandboxie Menu.png

On a side note, all the versions were as stable as before, gamewise. Some hiccups turned out to be more content related. Wonder if we ever find the problem that GOG Galaxy can't stay connected, then crashing. Steam seems more stable, tried also Amazon as it came along at one time, also more on the crashy side. However the games themselves if not stupid copy protection crap, work fine. Sometimes again with the thread waiting time issue.
    All in all great work David.

8. sevenstar

sevenstar Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.