Both Acronis SQL and Exchange issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TDS_mpatrick, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDS_mpatrick

TDS_mpatrick Registered Member

I have 2 servers both running windows 2008 x64 - one is a SQL2005 and the other Exchange 2007. Both of these servers are giving me issues when I'm trying to use the Acronis recovery for exchange and Acronis recovery for SQL.

First SQL -
    I create a maintenance plan and all looks good. I go to make a backup of the databases that we have but we get some strange errors AFTER it looks as thought the files have been written. So, I'm not sure I have a good backup or not. Here's the error portion of the log file:

-------start snip-------------
    <event code="12" id="102" level="3" line_tag="0xAA2DED00C94E0627" message="Unable to access common network parameters. Invalid gateways are specified." module="80" time="1236798046">

<field name="$module" type="TString">

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik\ComputerManagement.dll

</field>

</event>

<event code="11" id="103" level="4" line_tag="0xDCDAF24D3C1CC7E0" message="Unable to access operation system directories." module="80" time="1236798047">

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik\ComputerManagement.dll

</field>

</event>

<event code="12" id="104" level="3" line_tag="0xAA2DED00C94E0627" message="Unable to access common network parameters. Invalid gateways are specified." module="80" time="1236798049">

</field>

</event>

<event code="11" id="105" level="4" line_tag="0xDCDAF24D3C1CC7E0" message="Unable to access operation system directories." module="80" time="1236798050">

</field>

</event>

<event code="11" id="106" level="4" line_tag="0xDCDAF24D3C1CC7E0" message="Unable to access operation system directories." module="80" time="1236798050">

</field>

</event>

<event code="11" id="107" level="4" line_tag="0xDCDAF24D3C1CC7E0" message="Unable to access operation system directories." module="80"
    ------end snip-----

But the exchange server is doing something very similar when we try to backup the exchange store! Here's some of it's logs:
    ----begin snip----
    <event code="11" id="31" level="4" line_tag="0xDCDAF24D3C1CC7E0" message="Unable to access operation system directories." module="80" time="1236839443">
    </field>
    </event>
    <event code="11" id="32" level="4" line_tag="0xDCDAF24D3C1CC7E0" message="Unable to access operation system directories." module="80" time="1236839443">
    </field>
    </event>
    <event code="917515" id="33" level="4" message="Backup task failed. Reason: Member invoke failed" module="82" time="1236839443" />
    <event code="1002" id="34" level="4" line_tag="0x6FCAEA0AC16F3E9B" message="Execution of task failed." module="65" time="1236839443">
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik\ScriptTasks.dll
    </field>
    <event code="79" id="35" level="4" line_tag="0xDB42F6A52324F271" message="Error on executing bytecode." module="14" time="1236839443">
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\DatabaseBackup\Fomatik\DataWalker.dll
    </field>
    <event code="11" id="36" level="4" line_tag="0x298D61E7C0088CAD" message="Member invoke failed" module="14" time="1236839443">
    <field name="path" type="TString">

-----end snip----

Is there something that I'm missing w/ Server 2008 and acronis in terms of permissionso_O

I'm using the domain administrator account as the task execution account - so what's wrong??

Seriously, I'm at my wits end about this and there's no info out there at all!

Thanks in advance!
    Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TDS_mpatrick,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Do the following:

Tools -> Options -> Default Backup options -> Set Multi-Volume Snap Shot Enabled. Also use Before data capture commands (see user guide) to stop databases before actual snapshot and run them after.

If the issue persists attach full log of the error message.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. TDS_mpatrick

Dimitri -

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that defeats the purpose of having the SQL recovery manager product. It is supposedly designed to be able to backup live SQL databases so that production is uninterrupted.

I can't bring these DB's down while their backing up during the day. I can at night, but we're looking for a 1 hour acceptable data loss strategy.

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks!

4. Acronis Support

Hello TDS_mpatrick,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Use validation tool within the program to check backup for errors and tell the result.

Can you please attach the whole log file?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. TDS_mpatrick

I've done a full backup and it shows that it succeeded in the backups and vaildation, but there are still errors at the end.

I've attached the file to the message.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Michael

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The issue with this error message is well-known, our QA reproduced it. The backup archives are valid and recoverable, the recovered system is completely functional. Our developers will improve the scripts.

Therefore, you can disregard this message.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.