Bootwiz.cfg File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Modred, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modred

Modred Registered Member

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a 120-GB Seagate SATA hard drive. This computer would never boot to the standard TrueImage restore disk. Technical support told me to change the last line of the bootwiz.cfg file as follows:

KERNEL y:\kernel.dat quiet acpi=off noapic

This corrected the problem, and all has been well until the last few versions of TI. Now, I have to type in "quiet acpi=off noapic" when prompted for the Linux Kernel Command Line. Otherwise, the computer locks up.

I seldom boot to the restore disk, so typing in these few words is not a problem, But, I just wondered if there is a way to get rid of the command line and go back to the old way.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Modred --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your purchase!

There is a workaround - you just need to contact either me personally, or Acronis Support and me/they will provide you with a link for an .iso file that will allow you to burn the CD with these attributed included.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Anton,

Thanks for the reply. Technical support did send me an ISO image, which I burnt to a CD. It works fine. I like to use a compact flash card as a restore disk and would prefer not to have to type in the "acpi=off noapic" every time I do a restore. BUT, I do not do many restores, so this is a VERY MINOR item which I probably should not have raised.

Thanks again for the response.

Modred

4. Storm

Storm Registered Member

Hi Modred!

To circumvent the pagefile problem, I have set up an extra partition just for it...

To further save space I clean out all temp files (IE/Firefox/JavaCache/Windows)
    before making a backup.

Hope this helps

Storm

5. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Storm,

I think your posting was meant for a different thread. But, I do agree with you. I place my pagefile as well as the Internet Explorer temporary files on the second, non-system partition of my hard drive. This works well in many respects.

Modred

6. robdoujr

robdoujr Registered Member

Where can I get .iso file that will allow you to burn the CD with these bootwiz.cfg attributed included.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello robdoujr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I sent the PM to you. If you have further questions concerning Acronis True Image please feel free to ask them either on this forum or via e-mail support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.