Booting to Secure Zone via PQ-Boot-Magic ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Richards1, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richards1

Richards1 Registered Member

Hi Group !

I am using a dual-boot-machine with DOS and Win XP, my boot manager is "Boot Magic 2002" from Powerquest.

I have installed the Secure Zone, which, as stated, created a new MBR and now when booting shows the message "Press F11 for Secure Zone" (or similar).

After re-enabling the Boot-Magic-MBR, the F11-message was gone of course and I only can access the Secure Zone via the Acronis Boot-CD. So far so good.

Now I really would like to access the SZ via Boot-Magic and add it as a 3rd choice (DOS, Windos-XP, Secure-Zone) in my boot-menu. But this does not seem to be possible, as Boot Magic is not able to boot into SZ, only an error message appears (No system... ). Of course I have chosen the right (SZ)-partition, which according to my oppinion should boot like a normal Linux-partition, but actually does NOT.

Is it only possible to boot to the SZ via its own "F11"-MBR or can it be accessed by any "standard" Boot Manager too ?? Are there any special settings required ??

Thanks in advance for any help on this problem.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Richards1,

Unless you are something of a Linux guru, you will only be able to access the Secure Zone via True Image. Hence the reason it's called a Secure Zone ;).

Regards

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As Boot Magic is telling you, there are no operating system files in the SZ. It's a data partition and it is not bootable.

4. Richards1

Richards1 Registered Member

Hallo,

Thanks for the answers, I have to accept this. As much as I know, Acronis's own boot-manager (I dont know the name now), which I do not have, is able to boot True Image in the Secure Zone. So I thought, another boot-manager will be able to do the same, but obvioulsy thats not true.

Thanks again.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Richards1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that you are correct, since Acronis True Image 8.0 does not allow you to integrate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager into your Boot Manager.

However, this feature will most likely be implemented in the next versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please also note that if you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, you can post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.