Booting from Rescue Media CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rfarrand, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfarrand

rfarrand Registered Member

All of a sudden, after a month or so of everything working fine...now when I attempt to boot from the CD that I created, it gets to "Starting Acronis Loader..." and stops there. I have tried to create new Rescue Media CD's and that does the same thing. Does anyone else have any other ideas.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Did you add any new hardware like wireless mouse/keyboard or usb hub?

3. rfarrand

rfarrand Registered Member

nope, no hardware was added at all. I am just trying to restore an image that was created and has worked before. I have attempted this on a couple different computers to make sure it wasn't the PC.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rfarrand,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD create using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

Please also let us know if you have received any error or warning messages.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. mirom

mirom Registered Member

I had the very same problem and have solve it just couple minutes ago. In my case the problem was with one PCI card which wasn't properly pluged in PCI slot. I hope this could help. Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.