Bootable USB recovery does not see itself in "My Computer"

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by davelanton, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davelanton

davelanton Registered Member

Product: Paragon Backup & Recovery™, version 10.0.15.12802 (19.01.11 ) (Advanced) Free

I am trying to clone a SYSPREP'ed Win XP hard drive to several other machines with identical hardware.

I created bootable USB Recovery stick, boots fine. Recovery image is on the same USB Stick. I successfully recovered image to C: drive on two machines. But now on several other machines, in the simple restore wizard, the drive letter ( D: ) for the USB stick I booted off of does not appear in "My Computer", or NO drives appear (not even local C: drive).

If I put the stick in a Win XP machine, it sees the stick fine, and sees the image file directory and files fine.

I tried with a different USB stick, but same problem (no drives appear in "My Computer").

Any ideas what would cause the environment to not detect any drives, not even the USB stick it booted from?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.