Bootable Resuce Media Builder & PXE

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by kdmorse, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdmorse

kdmorse Registered Member

The ability to build "Rescue Media" in such a way that I can be booted from a network PXE server is mentioned briefly in several places in the Disk Director Server 10.0 manual - however the process itself isn't detailed anywhere (that I can find). Nor could I find any reference to such an ability when actually running the boot media builder.

Is this documented in some detail somewhere? As a network admin, I need a bit more information than "If you have a PXE server, you can do this". A PXE environment I have - but Acronis specific information I lack.

Thanks,

-Ken

2. kdmorse

kdmorse Registered Member

Nevermind - figured it out myself. I can't seem to figure out how to specify the 'safe' versions while booting, but the regular versions of Disk Director, and TrueImage can be merrily booted over the network.

We're considering replaceing an automated Powerquest DriveImage infrastructure with Acronis products, and this begins the level the playing field.

Slick, Slick, Slick......

-Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.