Bootable rescue media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by armelle, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armelle

armelle Registered Member

A bootable rescue media has been created with build 774.

I've installed the build 826. Can I use the bootable just created, or I must create a new bootable rescue media with build 826?

Thanks.

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Create a new one, but KEEP the old one as well (if you have images created with the old version) just for safety. :)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello armelle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend that you create new Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build. The main reason is that it is not guaranteed that the old CD will work with images created with the new build. However, the new CD will certainly work with old images without any problems.

New Acronis Bootable CD also contains some fixes that may improve the performance at your particular system.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. dld

dld Registered Member

I am using TI 8.0 Build 826 on a Dell Dimension 2300 WinXP HE SP2. If I use the bootable rescue disk created with Build 826, I get the following on booting:
    - Starting Acronis Loader
    - Acronis True Image splash screen
    - Acronis Loading, please wait
    I then get the following error message:
    http://img284.echo.cx/img284/9294/dcp02523sq.jpg

However if I use a bootable rescue disk created Build 768, everything seems to work normally. If I go by what you tell me in this quote, and since my images are created using Build 826, I would prefer using the rescue disk created with Build 826. Is there any workaround this error?

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Hello dld,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please verify the new images with the old CD. If they are verified correctly (the image is not corrupted) then you may use old CD with these images without any risk. However, we should investigate the problem with the new CD. Could you please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as described at Acronis Help Post and if it doesn't help please do the following:

- boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears;
    - after you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the "OK" button;
    - wait till the output stops and make a shot of the output with digital camera;
    - send the shots to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will investigate the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. dld

dld Registered Member

The quiet acpi=off noacpic did not work. As for the second set of instructions, for one thing on pressing F11, I don't get any "Linux Kernel Settings". On pressing F11, all I get is "23~" as you can see on the digital photo I took, and then I get the same error message as before.
    http://img281.echo.cx/img281/4467/bootdiskerrorsmall8vx.jpg

7. Acronis Support

Hello dld,

You pressed F11 key when the "Loading, please wait" message appears. Please be careful, you should press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. dld

dld Registered Member

Sorry about that. I sent a report to Acronis Support.
    Thank you.

9. dld

dld Registered Member

I have been trying out the bootable rescue disk created with TI 8.0 Build 768. It turns out that there is a problem with this disk also. Although it may boot, and Acronis loads properly, it hangs up in trying to verify the image created. This image had been verified properly in the Windows environment. So I take it that the boot disk created with Build 768 would not be able to restore my system.

10. Acronis Support

Hello dld,

If you don't get any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. dld

dld Registered Member

I received an answer from Acronis Support this morning. The first suggestion of Konstantin Karikov was to unplug all the external USB devices which I did not need in Acronis rescue mode. I was reluctant to unplug my HP Laserjet 1000 printer because it is so finicky to connect, but I did unplug my Sandisk USB2 ImageMate card reader and that did the trick. I was able to boot the Linux recovery disk 8 times in succession without any error message. Thanks to Acronis Support and thanks to you Irina. Keep up the great work you're doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.