Bootable Rescue Media & Media Creator 7.5

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mesteele101, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesteele101

mesteele101 Registered Member

It seems that True Image Server (latest verssion) has a problem in creating the Bootable Rescue Media if any version of Easy Media Creator is installed. As soon as I remove Media Creator it will create the bootable CD. Still in testing mode.

Thanks...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mesteele101,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe what error message you got when you tried to create Acronis Bootable CD? The problem may result from the fact that Easy Media Creator locks the CD burner and doesn't allow Acronis True Image to use it. In this case temporary uninstallation is a workaround for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mesteele101,

If you're using Win XP (don't know if this applies to other flavours of Windows) try the following in turn:

1. Open "My Computer", right click on your CD/DVD burner and select "properties". Select the "Recording" tab and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive". This will disable Windows XP's own built-in CD recording capability.

2. Right click "My Computer" and select "Manage". Expand "Services and Applications" in the consol tree and select "Services". Find the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service", right click on it and select "Properties". Set "Startup type:" to "Disabled". When finished burning the rescue CD set the startup type back to "Manual".

If either of the above doesn't do the trick, reboot into Windows "Safe" mode and try creating the bootable rescue CD from there.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.