Bootable RecoveryDVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rornes, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rornes

rornes Registered Member

Hi. Is it possible to make recovery with TrueImage to a DVD, and make this bootable?

2. hectorsm

hectorsm Registered Member

Yes. At least on DVD+RW I know it works.

3. rornes

rornes Registered Member

How do I do it? Ghost have the option to burn bootfloppy into the image. When I boot with the True Image CD, I can store image to DVD, but I cannot see any option that will make it bootable?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

5. Menorcaman

Hi again rornes,

Further to my reply above, you don't in fact need to jump through the hoops detailed in the links that I provided.

The latest builds of True Image now have the capability to image direct to DVD without use of third party UDF packet writing software. When imaging in Windows mode, they also have the capability to include the Acronis Media Components with the image being recorded to DVD (Tools>Default Backup Options>Media Components).

I have just finished testing these new features by successfuly creating full disk/partition images to both DVD+RW and DVD-RW disks that included the full bootable rescue media plus the One-Click Restore. Just bear in mind the current problems and limitations that TI has with imaging direct to DVD+RW, DVD-R and DVD+R media (see the thread titled <TI 9.0 Home Build 3633 - Imaging Direct to DVD> and <TI 9 - Build 3633 - Can't span DVD disks> for details of these problems/limitations).

Regards

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  6. Menorcaman

Oh dear, seems to be one problem after the other with TI's new direct imaging to DVD feature :(.

I'm currently experiencing a problem whilst validating an image, which also contains the Media Components, that spans two Nero erased DVD+RW disks. Therefore, at this point in time, I suggest you only use DVD-RW media for creating TI 9.0 Build 3633 bootable rescue DVDs. I intend raising a separate thread on this particular issue once I've completed further investigations.

Regards

7. hectorsm

hectorsm Registered Member

Menorcaman,

I think Acronis should start paying you for all the testing you are doing. You could make this a "side" job. ;)

8. Menorcaman

Hi hectorsm,

As I took early retirement 2000, it would make it my only job!! :D

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.