Bootable Nod32 disk

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kang0o, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kang0o

kang0o Registered Member

Hi,
    I have done a search but couldn't really understand the post I found.
    I want to make a bootable nod32 disk, is this possible and how? In plain english please :).

Thanks

2. kang0o

kang0o Registered Member

I have had a play around and tried to follow the guides. I have created a bootable cd, but when I select any of the files nod32kui.exe for example, it just says ' this program doesn't work in dos'.
    I downloaded the nod32 for dos of the main eset webpage, but I am unsure how to use it. Can I just add it to the bootdisk I created? or is there any instructions anywhere. I just can't find them.
    Really could use some help.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 for DOS is easy to use.

However , keep in mind it hasn't been updates since long time (heuristics there are not supported) so its detection rate will for sure be less than those in the Win version .

You need to extract the files . You'll see a folder called DOS32 created . Inside there is a file called nod32.000 which is the signature file . You need to replace it with a file with the same name from NOD32 for Windows's directory C:\Program files\ESET

Then you can burn these on a bootable disk and all you should do is to run the exe file . Inside you can change its settings to what files types to scan or whether to scan archives or not ...

4. katbert

katbert Registered Member

You can create Windows XP Boot CD (I'm using BartPE)
    and copy folder c:\program files\eset to folder on CD
    Boot from CD and run nod32.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.